Hello EDC Families –
We have recently updated our Covid-19 protocols:
- Students age 4 and above should be wearing masks at the studio; children 2-4 years old are encouraged to wear a mask as well but not required.
- If a child tests positive for COVID-19 and were not wearing a mask in class they must be quarantined from dance for 10 days.
- If your child has zero symptoms and was wearing a mask the ENTIRE class they do not need to provide a negative PCR and are welcome to come to dance. *However, please do what makes you feel comfortable in this situation.
- If your child is vaccinated, they do not need to quarantine from class unless symptoms are present.
- Each child should be wearing a mask in the hallways, lobby and bathrooms. (*Mask is not required when seated at our homework area or when eating dinner/snack between classes).
- Your child is welcome to take a mask break 3 feet away from others in class.
- All teachers will wear masks but are welcome to pull down their mask to teach if they are vaccinated and more than 3 feet apart from the dancers.
As of Monday November 1, we are implementing a new attendance policy for all teachers at EDC. Each teacher is required to not only take attendance at the start of class but provide class notes next to each child. We want to know where they stood the entire class, if they took a mask break, went to the bathroom, or were closer than 3 feet apart.
To help support our teachers, we are counting on parents to be vigilant and forthcoming about their children's health. If your child has any cold-like symptoms, such as a sore throat, fever, chills/body aches and cough we implore you to keep them home. If your child has tested positive or has been exposed, please notify the studio.
Our studio's primary role is to teach dancing, and this virus has put us in a precarious position. For those who are frustrated with mask wearing or have been asked to quarantine, we ask for your patience and cooperation.
We are navigating this new world like every small business and trying to do the best that we can to keep everyone healthy. Please remember that all of our students have the option to alternate between virtual and live classes.
For what our students are going through mentally, emotionally, physically, they need an outlet and someplace where they can feel a sense of connectivity. Let's keep dancing together – safely, happily and in a healthy way.
Thanks as always for your cooperation.